In LSP Settings enable the
log_debug setting and
log_payloads if needed.
Restart Sublime and open the console (
ctrl+`) to see the additional logging.
If you believe the issue is with this package, please include the output from the Sublime console in your issue report!
log_stderrcan also be set to
trueto see the language server's own logging.
1. LSP doesn't start my language server
- Make sure you have a folder added in your Sublime workspace.
- Make sure the document you are opening lives under that folder.
Your client configuration requires two settings to match the document your are editing:
- Scope (eg.
source.php): Verify this is correct by running "Show Scope Name" from the developer menu.
- Syntax (eg.
Packages\PHP\PHP.sublime-syntax): Verify by running
view.settings().get("syntax")in the console.
2. LSP cannot find my language server
Often caused by Sublime Text's internal environment not picking up the same PATH as you've configured in your shell.
This issue can be solved in a few ways:
- Always launch sublime from the command line (so it inherits your shell's environment)
- On OS-X: Install the SublimeFixMacPath package
- On OS-X: Use
launchctl setenvto set PATH for OS-X UI applications.
3. Multiple root folders?
Have you added multiple folders to your Sublime workspace? LSP may not handle your second folder as expected, see this issue for more details.